March 30, 2017
Dear parents and guardians,
This afternoon, we discovered a gas leak in the Lake Shore Elementary building. We immediately evacuated the school and contacted 911 and NW Natural Gas, as well as the district’s maintenance and safety departments, to inspect the building.
The leak was caused by a malfunctioning natural gas-powered heating unit on the roof. Our maintenance staff powered off the unit and closed the gas valve.
Once NW Natural gave us the all-clear, everyone safely returned to the building. The school day continued normally.
We anticipate that the repairs will be made immediately and will not impact the school day tomorrow. Should there be any changes to the regular schedule, we will notify you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 360-313-2250.
Starlet Heitz, principal
Lake Shore Elementary School